- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
GCSE Statistics Coursework
- Essay length: 4209 words
- Submitted: 13/01/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
Statistics GCSE coursework
In my DT lesson our teacher told us to draw a 25cm line and I drew mine too big and the teacher told me to get better at maths. I did not think this would improve my ability to estimate a length of a line so decided to find out. The questions I thought up are:
1) Is there any relationship between estimating a length of a straight line linked to mathematical ability?
Null hypothesis: There is a relationship between them.
Alternative hypothesis: There is no relationship between them.
2) Does the estimation of a non straight line improve after practice?
Null hypothesis: Practice improves the estimation of a non straight line.
Alternative hypothesis: Practice doesn't improve the estimation of a non straight line.
3) Does a 14/15 year olds ability to estimate the length of a straight line fit a normal distribution?
Null hypothesis: A 14/15 year olds ability to estimate a straight line fits normal distribution.
Alternative hypothesis: A 14/15 year olds ability to estimate a straight line doesn't fit normal distribution.
4) Are a 14/15 year
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
IQ Correlation (view all)
- An Investigation into Gender-Based Stereotyping Using IQ Est...
- Predicted grades given by subject teachers at the time of Ye...
- Assessment Report
- Comparison of SATs results to obtain statistical data on stu...
- To analyse the distribution of the number of hours spent wat...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.