- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
My coursework on the gradient function is to investigate the gradient on different points on the line and curves.
I will start of my investigation with y = x2. This will be a parabolic curve and the gradient will move from point to point. I will need to start of with a fixed point. I have chosen (2, 4). I will use a table to get close to the point. My table will have five columns. The first column will be x, which will have any numbers between 1and 3. The second column will be y, which will be the result of squaring an x numeral. The third column will be the increase in y, where squared value gets subtracted from 4. The fourth column will be the increase in x, this is where the x values get subtracted from 2. The fifth and last column will be the gradient, where the change in y divided by the change in x, gives me the results. I will do different fixed points so the numbers will vary.
I will then do other functions such as Y=4x2
Next I will move to a function y = x4 and investigate the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Gradient Function (view all)
- The Gradient Function Coursework
- Maths Coursework - The Open Box Problem
- The Gradient Function Maths Investigation
- Investigate the elastic properties of a strip of metal (hack...
- Gradient Function
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.