- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Height and weight comparison - Mayfield High School Project.
- Essay length: 1582 words
- Submitted: 23/01/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mayfield High School Project.
For my coursework, I will be exploring three hypotheses, and if time allows, another three will be studied. The first three that I will try to prove true or false are;
* Taller people are heavier
* Boys are taller than girls
* Boys are heavier than girls.
The two others that will be explored if I have the chance are;
* Older boys and girls are taller than younger ones
* Older boys and girls are heavier than younger ones.
The two extra hypotheses are related the second and third hypotheses I am definitely doing. I will expand the second and third to see if age is a factor.
To start proving my theories correct or wrong, I will need heights and weights of children from a school. I will be using the booklet provided which contains data of 1183 pupils at Mayfield High School. I will need 100 sets of data, approximately 50 boys and 50 girls. We were told that 100 would provide sufficient information to display on graphs and histograms, or 20% of the whole amount of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The relationship between height and weight amongst different...
- Maths Coursework - Data Handling
- Statistic Coursework
- Liquid chromatography is a technique used to separate compon...
- Mayfield High Coursework
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.