- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
HYPOTHESIS Blonde girls are more intelligent than non blonde girls. Blonde girls that have a higher IQ watch comparatively less television. This will not be the case however for non blondes as there will be little or no correlation.
- Essay length: 2753 words
- Submitted: 31/03/2006
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Statistics Project
I am going to use the Mayfield High School Database which is secondary data for my investigation.
* Blonde girls are more intelligent than non blonde girls.
* Blonde girls that have a higher IQ watch comparatively less television. This will not be the case however for non blondes as there will be little or no correlation.
* The IQs for non blonde girls and blonde girls are normally distributed.
PLAN FOR DATA COLLECTION
I shall collect data the relevant data to my hypothesis first separating by Gender and then gathering relevant information on IQ, Hair Colour and Number of Hours of Television viewed.
I shall use a sample size of 50 blonde girls and 50 non blonde girls as I feel that a sample size of 100 offers a good proportion to analyse being that there are roughly 1,182 entrants in the database. Also 100 is a good round even number which will make calculations of the data easier.
I will use stratified sampling so that a there is not a disproportionate number of any particular group and so
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
IQ Correlation (view all)
- Mathematics Statistics Coursework
- Guestimate - Data handling coursework
- GCSE Statistics Coursework
- Predicted grades given by subject teachers at the time of Ye...
- Critically consider the role of genetic factors in the devel...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.