- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
I have been given the equation y = axn to investigate the gradient function for varied values of "a" and "n".
- Essay length: 4626 words
- Submitted: 29/09/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
I have been given the equation y = axn to investigate the gradient function for varied values of "a" and "n"
Firstly I will choose n = 1 for varied values of a
When n = 1 then the graph will be a straight line
The general equation of a straight line is y = ax
I am going to keep n constant and use varied values for "a".The gradient for a straight line remains the same, therefore I am going to calculate the gradient by taking the difference in the y co-ordinates divided by the difference in x co-ordinates.
In order to calculate the gradient for a straight line we will have to go through the process of calculating the gradient by taking the difference in y co-ordinates divided by the difference in the x co-ordinates.
I would then choose n = 2 for varying values of a where a = 1,2,3,4
The equations would be ; y = x2 , y = 2x2 , y = 3x2 , y = 4x2
These equations would get us curved graphs and the gradient function at each point in a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Gradient Function (view all)
- Aim: To find out where the tangent lines at the average of a...
- The Gradient Function Investigation
- Investigation in to the gradient function for all kinds of c...
- What affects the speed of a moving vehicle?
- The Gradient Function - Aim: to investigate the gradient fun...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.