- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In this coursework I am going to investigate the relationship between the height and weight of girls and boys in year 11 at Mayfield High School.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Mayfield High School- Statistics Coursework
In this coursework I am going to investigate the relationship between the height and weight of girls and boys in year 11 at Mayfield High School. I will choose a certain number of boys and girls from the data provided and develop my own data to prove or disprove my hypothesis.
I will start by choosing a certain number of boys and girls from the data. There are 170 pupils in year 11, 86 are girls and 84 are boys. I am not going to compare all the girls and boys in year 11 as that would be too many, so I have to work out a suitable number for each gender. I want to test half of each, so I have decided to use every second boy and every second girl from the data. This gives me 43 girls and 42 boys to test. I am aware that there is one more girl than the amount of boys, but by using this method I get a large amount of pupils to test which have been evenly spread out through the data.
Below are two tables, which show the boys and girls
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The relationship between height and weight amongst different...
- Aluminium as used in Aircraft.
- Liquid chromatography is a technique used to separate compon...
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Mayfield High School
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.