- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating Mayfield High School relationships between height and weight.
The first 200 words of this essay...
For my investigation I am using data from a simulated school called Mayfield High School. This is a mixed secondary school with 1183 people, split into 604 boys and 579 girls. There are five-year groups, from 7 to 11. This contains many different records, including, first name, surname, height, weight, age (decimal, years and months), month of birth, sex, hand, favourite sport subject and TV program, hours of TV, IQ, distance between home and school, means of travel to school, and Ks2 and Ks3 results. I have chosen to investigate the relationship between height and weight, because it is quite probable that they influence each other. Here are my hypotheses, which are all related to height, weight or both. : -
1. There will be a positive correlation between height and weight.
2. The spread of boys' height will be larger than the spread of girls' height.
3. The average boys' weight will be larger than the average girls' weight.
4. The older someone is the better the correlation is between height and weight.
I will collect data on the height and weight of 60 pupils. I will also collect the data on their
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- Adaptation, Polar Bear.
- "How does Angela Crater use linguistic andliterary tech...
- Mayfield High Coursework
- To Find Out How The Launch Height Of a Roller Coaster Affect...
- Woodlands: Random Quadrat Sampling Technique.
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.