- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating the falling of paper cake cases.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating the falling of paper cake cases
I am going to be investigating the rate at which a paper case falls at. We are trying to find what things affect the rate. For example:
* Wind air currents
* Mass/weight of cake cases
* Height from which they drop
* Size of cake cases - surface area
These are what we call input variables.
The output variables are:
* Time of fall
* Forces acting on the case, e.g. gravity, air resistance.
What am I going to change to get my results?
To get different results I have considered, the height at which the case is dropped from. If this is changed then the air resistance and the gravity forces will be unbalanced therefore effecting the time at which it hits the ground. The weight of the case will affect its rate of falling; because its mass is heavier it will fall faster because the gravity is larger than the air resistance.
What am I going to do to ensure my experiment is fair?
To make this a fair test I will weigh my
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- "How does Angela Crater use linguistic andliterary tech...
- Mayfield High Coursework
- To Find Out How The Launch Height Of a Roller Coaster Affect...
- Adaptation, Polar Bear.
- Woodlands: Random Quadrat Sampling Technique.
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.