- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Maths - statistical driving test
- Essay length: 2787 words
- Submitted: 28/12/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
For this piece of coursework I have been given details from a local driving school. The details fall under four headings, these are gender, number of 1hour lessons, number of minor mistakes and instructor. My aim is to use this data to further investigate by creating hypothesis, using the data to prove or disprove my theories. Before deciding on what to investigate I need to look at the breakdown of the collected data, I will then use this information to decide on my investigation topics.
Total data = 240 students.
Instructor A B C D Total
Male 29 49 18 20 116
Female 31 51 22 20 124
No of students 60 100 40 40 240
Overall in this table there is no gender basis as the male/female split is roughly 50/50. The instructor with the most students is B with 100 students, and the instructor with the least students is C/D with forty students each. Also each instructor has roughly 50/50 male and female split in students.
From the breakdown of the data in the table I am able to identify three investigations. T help me in these investigations I will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Gary's (and other) Car Sales (view all)
- Used Cards - find which factors will influence the price of ...
- Gary’s Car Sales
- What Influence Did Henry Ford Have On 1920s America?
- What factors influence the price of a second hand car
- Maths Coursework:Used Cars
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.