- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Maths Statistics Coursework
- Essay length: 1778 words
- Submitted: 18/06/2007
Not what you were searching for?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Table of Contents
1) Introduction 2
2) Hypothesis 2
3) Method 2
4) Results 4
a) First article 4
b) Second article 7
c) Third article 10
d) Fourth article 13
e) Summary 16
5) Conclusion 19
For this assignment I was asked to compare the readability of articles from two newspapers: a tabloid; and a broadsheet.
I selected four pairs of articles and each pair had to cover the same story.
I selected the Observer and the Sunday Express as my two newspapers.
I predicted that the tabloid articles would be easier to read than those in the broadsheet as I believed they would contain shorter words which more people would understand
To evaluate the readability I compared words from four articles from each newspaper. I selected four articles from the broadsheet then found an article in the tabloid for each that covered the same story.
From each article I selected thirty words using the following method:
I studied the articles I
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Marrying Absurd Commentary
- Word recognition essay
- When is it suitable to use slang and what effect does it hav...
- Forgetting in long-term memory - The interference theory.
- Glasgow Sonnets by Edwin Morgan
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.