- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
maximum length of rectangles and volume
The first 200 words of this essay...
When I began this take of trying to find out the maximum length of rectangles in different my initial task was simply to find a formula to relate to the rectangles. To solve the problem I used computer programmes such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word to present the data and my findings. I initially chose to work with squares 8x8, 9x9, 13x13, and 25x25 for the simple fact that I was looking for some connection between all types of squares.
When I used the computer I headed my columns on my spreadsheets as follows:
Side1 (length), Side2 (width), Cut out, Length, Width, Height, Volume. I used these in this order to try and determine the formula and maximum cut out length for each type of square and rectangle.
To work out different volumes I used different formulas. I worked out these formulae by simple trial and error. This did take some time but eventually came out more accurate.
I worked with different numbers (such as, a whole number, to 1 decimal place, to 2 decimal places and to 3decimal places) to make the maximum cut out lengths more accurate when dealing with decimal
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Statistics Coursework
- Language of Speech - In this essay I will analyse the speech...
- Maths Statistical Coursework
- A dual-task study designed to permit inferences about cognit...
- The aim of the experiment was to see if people's attention i...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.