- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Mayfield High school introduction
The first 200 words of this essay...
Introduction to Maths Statistics Coursework
For my year 11 coursework project I have been asked to complete a statistics project. The aim of my coursework project is to demonstrate as many data handling skills as possible in the form of a report on a statistical hypothesis. I have decided to demonstrate my knowledge by using the line of enquiry of Height and Weight as this is continuous data and will therefore give me better accuracy, more data and will make it easier to compare the certain types of data which I will collect. The information is about the fictional school 'Mayfield High School'. I have been given data on all children attending this school and their heights and weights in the form of an Edexcel spreadsheet.
As the school consists of 1183 children I have decided to take a stratified sample on each year group. I chose stratified sampling as my method of sampling as it uses the proportion of each group in the sample matching the proportion of each group in the entire population. I chose the sample size of 10% as this is easily divided and presented to other people. The method of stratified sampling
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- Aluminium as used in Aircraft.
- What affects the stopping distance of a toy car
- Cause and Effect Essay - Cheating
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Investigate the effects of girls changing priorities on thei...
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo