- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Patterns With Fractions Investigations
- Essay length: 1506 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Patterns With Fractions.
Consider the sequence of fractions and the differences between the fractions:
Term (n) 1 2 3 4 5
(For rest of differences, see page11)
Finding the starting fraction for the nth term:
, , , , = (The general formula)
Check if correct formula:
(n + 1)
(Check On Page 11)
Finding the nth term for the 1st difference:
In order to find out the nth term for the 1st differences, the requirement is to subtract the 2nd fraction from the 1st fraction (the smaller fraction from the bigger fraction).
= (The general formula
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hidden Faces and Cubes (view all)
- The Painted Cube - Maths Investigations
- Face Recognition.
- During this investigation I intend to find the rules and pat...
- Investigate the number of hidden faces when cubes are joined...
- Hidden faces investigation.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'