- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Patterns With Fractions Investigations
- Essay length: 1506 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Mathematics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Patterns With Fractions.
Consider the sequence of fractions and the differences between the fractions:
Term (n) 1 2 3 4 5
(For rest of differences, see page11)
Finding the starting fraction for the nth term:
, , , , = (The general formula)
Check if correct formula:
(n + 1)
(Check On Page 11)
Finding the nth term for the 1st difference:
In order to find out the nth term for the 1st differences, the requirement is to subtract the 2nd fraction from the 1st fraction (the smaller fraction from the bigger fraction).
= (The general formula
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hidden Faces and Cubes (view all)
- Painted Cube Investigation
- Maths Investigation -Painted Cubes
- Investigating 'Painted cubes'.
- Find out how many different combinations 5 cubes can make on...
- To investigate the hidden faces and the number of faces seen...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.