- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Perform a statistical enquiry that will either prove or disapprove my hypothesis.
- Essay length: 7151 words
- Submitted: 16/02/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aim: To perform a statistical enquiry that will either prove or disapprove my hypothesis.
Hypothesis: Higher the persons IQ, higher the SAT results
Method: In this statistical enquiry, I aim to find out if people that have higher IQ have better results in English. For me to be able to perform the enquiry I had to have data about the IQ of students. I have a database of pupils of Mayfield High School, which is a fictional school based on data from real schools, complete with their IQ. Because it is based on real schools, the data will be reliable and accurate enough for me to draw a conclusion from the enquiry. There are 1183 pupils at Mayfield High School- I decided to compare 10% of general population. This is roughly 100 pupils. The hundred people I get from the general population will be my sample. Since there are different strata's in my data, I had to find out what number of boys or girls from each year group I am going to take from my hundred samples. For that I used stratified sampling.
Students in Mayfield high
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
IQ Correlation (view all)
- Mathematics Statistics Coursework
- HYPOTHESIS Blonde girls are more intelligent than non blonde...
- The relationship between IQ and Key Stage 2 results
- The higher the IQ, the higher the average SATs results
- Guestimate - Data handling coursework
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.