- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Statistical Investigation: Newspaper Comparison
For my statistical investigation coursework project, I have chosen to compare "The Sun" (tabloid) and "Financial Times" (broadsheet).
I will analyse both of those newspapers for context and style and make comparisons between them. I will consider amounts of space devoted to different items such as, images, articles and headlines. Most importantly I will be analysing the readability in terms of word lengths.
Finally I will conclude my investigation by commenting on the data collected and how my results relate to my initial hypothesis.
Tabloid: The Sun
Broadsheet: Financial Times
Less complex language
More complex language
Lower reading age
Higher reading age
More important news
1. The pages of the tabloid will be covered with a larger area of images than the broadsheet.
I will prove this by measuring the total area of the images on each front page of each newspaper
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Language of Speech - In this essay I will analyse the speech...
- Critically discuss the current role of phonics and whole wor...
- A Project comparing two different newspaper articles and the...
- Glasgow Sonnets by Edwin Morgan
- Marrying Absurd Commentary
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.