- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Statistics - Investigating whether Magazines or Newpapers use shorter words
The first 200 words of this essay...
Read all about it
My task is to find out which has the shortest words magazines or newspapers.
Suresh says that the magazine will have the shortest words.
My hypothesis is that the magazine will have shorter words than the newspaper.
First of all we will have to sort out a newspaper and a magazine that are likely to be read by the same sort of person because we want it to be a fair test. I won't need to write up a questionnaire. The information I need will be in the newspaper and magazine, I will need to collect a 100-word section from each. I will know that I have enough data when I have found 100-word sections from the newspaper and the magazine. The data I collect has to be very accurate for it to be fair. I will check the data is accurate by double checking the work, What I will need to do with the data is enter it into my table and there will be columns for words up to 14 letters long to see my results. I will ignore numbers unless written.
Newspaper (East Anglian)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Are participants more likely to recall a list of words, when...
- Maths Statistics Coursework
- A Project comparing two different newspaper articles and the...
- Magazine articles have shorter words compared to newspaper a...
- Maths Statistical Coursework
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.