- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Write a hypothesis about the length of words in newspapers and magazines.
- Essay length: 3949 words
- Submitted: 21/08/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Suresh is comparing magazines and newspapers.
He chooses a passage from one newspaper and one magazine. They each contain 100 words and he counts the lengths of all the words.
Suresh then says that the magazine has the shortest words.
* Write a hypothesis about the length of words in newspapers and magazines.
* Design and carry out an investigation to test your hypothesis.
It has been stated from Suresh's previous study of comparing magazines and newspapers, that magazines have the shortest written words. In order to test this theory, two specific publications have been selected in order to prove this statement as false. In order for this to occur, It would be my expected opinion that a so-called 'higher standard' of publication would produce longer words in an article in comparison to 'lower standard' publication.
To test this theory, the two publications that have been chosen are the Hello magazine and The News of the World.
The 'Hello' magazine is currently the International magazine of the year. It has become highly popular on the coffee tables of hairdressers or with the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- Language of Speech - In this essay I will analyse the speech...
- Critically discuss the current role of phonics and whole wor...
- A Project comparing two different newspaper articles and the...
- Glasgow Sonnets by Edwin Morgan
- Marrying Absurd Commentary
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.