- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Advertising is important to companies. It is used to exploit all aspects of their product in a positive way. My two chosen adverts are advertising well-known products,
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analyse and Compare two advertisements. In your essay consider how Advertising techniques have been used.
Advertising is important to companies. It is used to exploit all aspects of their product in a positive way. My two chosen adverts are advertising well-known products, "Halls Soothers" and "Synergie purifying wipes". They both come from the same magazine, Sugar, targeting 12-25 year olds. Both adverts share some similarities but are relatively different.
My first advert is one for Halls Soothers that targets the 16+ age group. This advert shows a woman at a karaoke night singing into a microphone. There is a karaoke sign in the background along with a blue and orange background, disco lights, people and a cocktail glass. In front of her are the karaoke player and a packet of the Soothers. At the bottom of the advert is the slogan; "Your throat feels smoother when you suck a Soother". These peach and raspberry throat sweets are designed to sooth you throat making it feel smoother. This is what the slogan is telling you. It is being informative whilst also using techniques to give the slogan a catchy feel. Every advertising company wants their product to stand out.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Analysis of Lacoste Touch of Pink magazine advert.
- Television and magazines are two of the most common media wh...
- Analyse two print adverts, paying special attention to the s...
- 750 word analysis of a print advert.
- Describe a range of covert advertising techniques. Why do ad...
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.