- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An important change experienced by a character in the film About A Boy directed by Chris and Paul Weitz is shown by Will, played by Hugh Grant changing from a shallow, lazy, emotionally stunted grown up
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe an important change experienced by a character or individual in the text. Explain how verbal and / or visual features showed you that this change was important to the character or individual.
An important change experienced by a character in the film "About A Boy" directed by Chris and Paul Weitz is shown by Will, played by Hugh Grant changing from a shallow, lazy, emotionally stunted grown up to a more mature man as he develops adult-like relationships, all due to the added responsibility of playing 'big brother' for Marcus played by Nicholas Hoult.
The film is about two boys; Will and Marcus. Will is 38 year old 'boy' who lives a life of luxury. He is basically a 'grown up' kid who has everything he wants. But Marcus on the other hand is 12, an actual boy who is a little socially inept and awkward, not fitting too well at school. Before the relationship between Will and Marcus starts to develop, Will is imaged as a shallow, lazy and emotionally stunted grown up. An evidence of this is that he does not have a job, joined a club called Single Parents Alone Together (SPAT) so
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Narrative (view all)
- Discuss the way in which 'Neighbours' by Tim Winton and 'Sto...
- Commentary on newspaper article.
- Persuasive essay, Cosmetic surgery teaches a wrong message a...
- The power of Mass Media to Influence
- The Camera Never Lies
- Pleasantville is a fantasy comedy-drama film written, produc...
- In this movie Wall-E people have become so dependent on tech...
- Explore the ways Shrek and the Practical Princess subvert St...
- Analysis of the film "We Need To Talk About Kevin"...
- The Influence of Ganster Films such as New Jack City and Men...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.