- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Analysing adverts in the media.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Media Studies Coursework
The main purpose of advertising is to persuade people to purchase a product. The secondary purpose is to inform the public about the particular product they are selling. Although advertisements come in many forms from posters, to leaflets, to moving images on television, essentially they use the same techniques and aim to manipulate our feelings in order to make us buy the product.
The adverts which I am using are both promoting cars and are both advertised in monthly magazines. Advert one is from Surfer, an American surfing magazine which is aimed at all people who are interested in surfing or similar activities, regardless of age or sex . Advert two is from She, a British women's magazine aimed at females possibly between the ages of thirty and forty. The women who would buy this magazine are possibly those who have busy lives balancing career, family life and social life. Both advertisements are selling vehicles but because of the different target audiences the techniques which they employ are different.
The purpose of advert one, the Nissan Xterra, is to make the audience buy the vehicle featured in the advert or at
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Television and magazines are two of the most common media wh...
- Analysis of Lacoste Touch of Pink magazine advert.
- Describe a range of covert advertising techniques. Why do ad...
- 750 word analysis of a print advert.
- How do advertising images persuade us to consume?
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.