- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
analysis of film North by North west
The first 200 words of this essay...
Consider the use of visual, narrative and technical codes in the film North by Northwest; what features might attract an audience to this film in 1960?
There is very good use of visual, narrative and technical codes in the film North by Northwest.
In terms of genre, North by North west is labeled as thriller but it also has some aspects of other genre like comedy (Cary grant's humors) and romance (with Eve candell).
Roger's character in the beginning of the movie character is presented as manipulative, charismatic, confident, comic, and suave person but as the narrative proceeds he is the one who is under control and falls under conspiracy of villains. Being an advertising executive, he sells lies but now that he is telling the truth, no one believes him even his mother. This reflects his isolation as every one is against him.
The wide ranges of camera angles used such as bird eye, high angle, eye level and good reaction shots and the fact that Alfred Hitchcock is known to be master of suspense and the movie is up to audience's expectation can also be the reason audience could be attracted to watch
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Audience and Production Analysis (view all)
- Radio as a Form of Media
- Assess the pluralist view of the mass media ...
- Slumbdog millionair
- Film review (Superbad)
- Investigate How Far The Twilight Film Poster Conforms To The...
- How does the director of Mission Impossible 2 build intrigue...
- Music Promotion. I am going to analyse a MySpace page of th...
- Why "Jersey Shore" is Good for Us
- Tim Burtons spin on Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland is a ...
- How to write an Enterprise news story - New Restaurant Opens
- Truman Show essay . Analyse how visual techniques are used t...
- Analyse an advertisement and discuss the imagery it contains...
- "The mass media today is part of everyday life" Us...
- Comparison of two newspaper articles. The two articles I ha...
- How the film Shrek parodies the traditional Disney fairytale
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.