- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Essay for media
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis on 'Itchy and Scratchy' short video
By Abdul Rehman
Before 'The Simpson Movie' intro, the directors cleverly displayed a short video known as 'Itchy and Scratchy'. This short animated video lasting approximately 15 minutes brings up many moral and ethical implications.
At the start of the video, a bird's eye shot zooms onto a 'planet-like' location where a seemingly normal space shuttle lands. Judging by the white cratered surface of the landing location and non-diagetic soundtrack from 'Apollo 13', most audiences wouldn't argue it is meant to be the moon. However, as the shuttle door opens and the figure in the space shuttle turns out to be an odd looking cat with a sticking out tongue. Clearly this is mocking Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon. Then, the cat meets up in the middle with a mouse holding the American flag up. This clever representation brings up the race between the Russians and Americans to the moon, and how the Americans 'won' on July 20, 1969 which was broadcasted on TV to over 500 million viewers. However, looking at the waving flag, the moon hoax conspiracy is brought to the audience's attention. This
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Audience and Production Analysis (view all)
- Truman Show essay . Analyse how visual techniques are used t...
- "The mass media today is part of everyday life" Us...
- Comparison of two newspaper articles. The two articles I ha...
- Production Exercise Evaluation Magazine Media Studies GCSE
- James Bond Casino Royale Analysis
- No Country For Old Men Review GCSE
- How does the director of Mission Impossible 2 build intrigue...
- Music Promotion. I am going to analyse a MySpace page of th...
- Why "Jersey Shore" is Good for Us
- Tim Burtons spin on Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland is a ...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.