- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Examine some of the ways that television advertising has developed since the 1950's.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Examine some of the ways that television advertising has developed since the 1950's
Television plays an important role in society today with almost every family in the UK owning a television if not two. Advertisements are a fantastic way for companies to sell their products or services. Television advertisements are really effective because so many people watch programmes on a regular basis. It is more effective than most other forms of advertising e.g. posters and radio, because people spend more of their free time watching their favourite soaps or series than looking at posters around town or listening to the radio in the car. Also, television tends to command a person's full attention, whereas people often listen to the radio while doing something else e.g. getting dressed or driving their car.
Over the years adverts have changed with their audience so they remain just as successful. The question is how have they changed and what makes them so appealing to the audience.
In the 1950's adverts were very different to what they are today. The "Lux Soap" advert is a good example to show this.
The advert begins with a frame, which
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Psycho Essay
- Advertising & promotion
- HND advertising and promotion
- Advertising Analysis.
- Analysing advertisements - Friends of the Earth and Hine Cog...
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.