- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Examine the language used in the two magazine advertisements. ‘Immac’ is taken from ‘Cosmopolitan’, a monthly magazine aimed at woman and ‘Clinique’ is taken from ‘GQ’, a magazine aimed at men.
The first 200 words of this essay...
('Immac' and 'Clinique')
Examine the language used in the two magazine advertisements. 'Immac' is taken from 'Cosmopolitan', a monthly magazine aimed at woman and 'Clinique' is taken from 'GQ', a magazine aimed at men.
How do the advertisements use language to achieve their purposes and influence their intended readers? In your answer you might refer to lexis, grammar, overall structure and any other matters relating to language that contribute to tone, style and purpose.
The Immac advert is trying to sell 'The Immac Body Care Collection'. This includes a 'Body Toning Gel',' Body Conditioning Milk', an 'Invigorating Body Scrub' and a 'Moisturising Satin Mousse'. As was said in the question the source of the advert is the 'Cosmopolitan' so the readers would be predominantly females who were interested in health and beauty products. So the location of the advertisement is well thought out as it is locates itself in a position where its possible consumers are most likely to be. However, I do not know exactly whereabouts in the magazine the advert came, you might say does it matter? I would say it does. This is because if it was on the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Promotional Strategy for a chocolate
- To keep customers loyal to the business Cadbury introduce ne...
- Mecca Bingo Advertisement Analysis
- Television and magazines are two of the most common media wh...
- Advertising is necessary to let us know what is new.
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo