- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Food Inc Movie review. FOOD, Inc discusses the downfall and degradation of Americas food industry.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Geography Coursework 2011
Movie Review: FOOD, Inc
The pigs shift uncomfortably in the small, metal pen. They sniff each other with their snouts, snorting. They are not sure why they have been herded there.
For a moment there is a strange silence, broken only by the snorts of the pigs. Then, slowly increasing in volume, is a creaking, rumbling noise. Suddenly, a metal wall appears, and with a clean swipe pushes the pigs away, off the screen. The next scene shows the limp bodies of the pigs lying on a conveyor belt.
This is certainly not a pleasing image, but it shows the gritty reality of the food industry represented in FOOD, Inc, Emmy-award winning director Robert Kenner's latest documentary. Released in 2008 at the Toronto International Film Festival and in 2009 in the United States of America and Singapore, this Magnolia Pictures and Participant Media production1 has been critically acclaimed across the world as a documentary which discusses and delves into the inside story of America's food industry, scoring well on many movie review websites and having a rating of 96%2. It documents the food industry's shortcomings and the harm and abuse it brings to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Audience and Production Analysis (view all)
- This essay will expand on the differences between Shrek and ...
- Analyse the cover of Sugar magazine.
- Assess the pluralist view of the mass media ...
- Radio as a Form of Media
- Media Music Video Analysis Example - Coffee & TV
- How does the director of Mission Impossible 2 build intrigue...
- Music Promotion. I am going to analyse a MySpace page of th...
- Why "Jersey Shore" is Good for Us
- Tim Burtons spin on Lewis Carrolls Alice in Wonderland is a ...
- How to write an Enterprise news story - New Restaurant Opens
- Truman Show essay . Analyse how visual techniques are used t...
- Analyse an advertisement and discuss the imagery it contains...
- "The mass media today is part of everyday life" Us...
- Comparison of two newspaper articles. The two articles I ha...
- How the film Shrek parodies the traditional Disney fairytale
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo