- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Moving Image - The study of at least 4 adverts, either of the same product or same brand, which might include both contemporary and historical moving image advertising material carried on any medium.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The study of at least 4 adverts, either of the same product or same brand, which might include both contemporary and historical moving image advertising material carried on any medium, e.g. cinema, TV, Internet etc.
"Most advertising is concerned with selling something- a product- although usually it is the brand rather than the product that is being sold..." claim Rayner, Wall and Kruger in AS Media Studies: The Essential Introduction page 243.
Brands are different from products. Within the product there is a range of different brands i.e. Gold Blend, Kenco, etc which try to have a separate image and identity. Particular brands are aimed at particular groups of people. In the 90's and the 21st century advertisers talk of giving different brands different identities to appeal to the target personality.
The advertising process involves a lot of people working at different stages of production. There is a great demand for research into consumer habits, needs and desires as well as the development of particular products and brands.
Advertising is one of the oldest forms of media and ads for Pears soap in the 19th century shows that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Marketing (view all)
- Women in advertising from The 1920’s to the present...
- The Styles and Purposes Of Radio Advertising
- Propaganda Used Today.
- Using Technical and Symbolic Codes explain how meaning is co...
- Television and magazines are two of the most common media wh...
- Analysis two advertisements for the same products aimed at t...
- Tennant's Lager Advert Essay
- Advertisement Review - John Lewis's 2011 Christmas TV ad.
- How is Lady Gaga represented across two different mediums?
- Evaluating two promotional videos - Music Video Tyler the cr...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.