- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why Did The White Chapel Murders Attract So Much Attention In 1888?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Jack the Ripper Coursework
The Ripper Murders
Why Did The WhiteChapel Murders Attract So Much Attention In 1888?
On 31st August 1888 the first of five terrifying and horrific murders took place, the last on 9th November 1888. The five victims, all prostitutes were Polly Nicholls, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes and Mary Kelly.
Mary Ann Nichols
August 31, 1888
September 8, 1888
September 30, 1888
September 30, 1888
Mary Jane Kelly
November 9, 1888
These five murders were the first ever publicized serial killings and in the period before 1888 there had never been any such killing on this level. These five victims of the commonly known 'Jack the Ripper' received a lot of media attention. Some of the possible reasons for such attention could have been that each victim was reported to have been in the company of a man described a foreign looking before they were killed. The nature of the murders was something that had never been seen before; the way that the bodies were mutilated was a shock
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Narrative (view all)
- Persuasive Writing: Charity Appeal Letters.
- The piece of persuasive writing that I will be analysing is ...
- Impact of ICT on newspaper production.
- Troy - summary of the plot of the film.
- Horror trailer evaluation.
- Explore how Hancock Conforms to the Genre Expectations of a ...
- Pleasantville is a fantasy comedy-drama film written, produc...
- In this movie Wall-E people have become so dependent on tech...
- Explore the ways Shrek and the Practical Princess subvert St...
- Analysis of the film "We Need To Talk About Kevin"...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.