- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Barriers To Communication
The first 200 words of this essay...
Barriers to communication
There are many barriers to communication, then main reasons communication may be blocked is either because, the message is understood, the people in the interaction is impaired or the message can't be made sense of.
The message may not be understood because many reasons, this could be because of cultural differences, emotional issues or because of the different social settings.
Cultural differences may be because the communicator may have used humour which is related to there culture, but the listener of the interaction may have a different culture and may not understand that related humour, then the message is not understood. To make sure the message is understood the communicator should not use any humour relating to their culture in case the people involved in the interaction have a different culture.
A cultural difference may not only be humour, it could be gestures used. If a gesture is used in communication and there are different cultures involved, then a gesture could be taken and related to being either polite or may be a rude gesture, depending on the culture. The way to make sure the message
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 202
- How to write a good CV
- Who is responsible for Desdemona's death?
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 219
- Comparisons between Marco and Rodolfo in 'A View From the Br...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.