- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
of mice and men
The first 200 words of this essay...
Of Mice And Men
The novel is set in souldad, the inspiration for the novel comes from Robert burns poem to a mouse, "the best laid schemes o' mice and men, gang aft agley". This translated means "no matter how well we plan the future, things often go wrong". The book is about 2 men George and Lennie, these guys have a very boring and lonely life. They get so little money. The other people in the novel are also lonely such as Curly's wife as she is the only female on the ranch this makes her very lonely. Crooks is lonely because the only black person on the ranch, he is discriminated against and has a room on his own, he has no friends and he gets treated unfairly by the white guys on the ranch. Candy is also lonely because he is an old man and only had his dog, but later on in the novel his dog gets shot so he is more lonely, as he gets older he will be no use on the ranch which makes him a lot like his dog, his dog got shot because he had nothing else to give to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 202
- What safeguards need to be in place when assessing children ...
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 219
- Citizenship For my Citizenship coursework I will be raising ...
- Adveture Holidays
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.