- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Stopping distance CDA
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stopping Distance Coursework
In this piece of coursework I will be investigating in how braking and thinking times affects the overall stopping distance. I will also be investigating the Highway Code's results on braking, thinking and stopping distances and analysis whether they are reliable and valid. Finally I will be discussing arguments for and against, whether the speed limits should be lowered to reduce accidents.
Stopping Distance= Thinking Distance + Braking Distance
* Stopping Distance - The distance required to bring a moving train or motor vehicle to a complete stop.
* Thinking distance - Thinking distance is the distance that the car travels after the driver has seen the danger and before the brakes are applied.
* Braking distance - refers to the distance a vehicle will travel from the point where its brakes are fully applied to when it comes to a complete stop. It is affected by the original speed of the vehicle, the type of brake system in use and the coefficient of friction between its tyres and the road surface.
The graph that I have made from the data given to me on the Highway Code website clearly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 202
- Essay on Gender Equality
- What safeguards need to be in place when assessing children ...
- Citizenship For my Citizenship coursework I will be raising ...
- Antenatal Leaflet Plan
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student