- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Water Pollution and Case Studies
The first 200 words of this essay...
Water Pollution Related Diseases - Case Studies
Water is Essential for Life
Water covers 71% of the earth's surface and makes up 65 % of our bodies. Everyone wants clean water to drink and for recreation. If water becomes polluted, it loses its value to us economically and aesthetically. It can become a threat to our health, to the survival of the aquatic life living in it and the wildlife that depends on it.
Water pollution is one of the major sources of diseases because people consume it everyday and it is very difficult to restrict the flow of polluted water from one place to another. Since hundreds of years, water pollution has spread severe diseases amongst people all over the world. Most common water pollution diseases are Typhoid, Jaundice, Cholera, Diarrhoea, Migraine, Hay Fever, etc.
The different types of Water Pollution are: Microbiological, Chemical, Nutrients, Suspended Matter, Oxygen Depleting Substances and Suspended Matter
Case Study 1
Wastewater from manufacturing or chemical processes in industries contributes to water pollution. Industrial wastewater usually contains specific and readily identifiable chemical compounds. One such incident where water pollution occurred due to Industrial Effluent is described
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 202
- What safeguards need to be in place when assessing children ...
- NVQ BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATION LEVEL 2: MODULE 219
- Essay on Gender Equality
- Citizenship For my Citizenship coursework I will be raising ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.