- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Analysing and comparing two production versions of the play 'Death of a salesman' by Arthur Miller
The first 200 words of this essay...
I intend to analyse and compare two production versions of the play 'Death of a salesman' by Arthur Miller. Both clips that I will be studying are of the same scene in the play in which the protagonist, Willy Loman, has a time - lapse of a former lover. I will be studying the way in which each director represents the time - lapse by their use of; camera work, soundtrack and audio, props, setting and other effects such as positioning and lighting. The first production was made as a bbc2 drama staring warren mitchel and directed by David Thacker. The second production was made as a film and directed by Volker Schlondorff.
In terms of camera work each director has shown individual techniques of filming. Thacker has shown generally tighter and closer angles throughout the clip. He uses a selection of close up shots during Willy's time-lapse enabling him to show the character emotions in good detail and saving excess expense on props large setting as no big budget would be provided for this production. Thacker also uses lighting and positioning to portray different situations. During Willy's Time-lapse, the lover appears behind Willy as if she is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Describe the features of music in Electric Counterpoint
- Comparison of Two Pre Twentieth Century Poems: Four Years an...
- Comparing and Contrasting the life and works of Bach and Moz...
- The History of Jazz
- Music Appraisal - Classical Waltzes
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.