- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Identify ONE teaching and learning issue, with a curriculum focus, which has been of significance to you in you induction year. Discuss this issue drawing upon the relevant academic and professional literature and your induction experiences to support you
The first 200 words of this essay...
Appendix I - Example questions from the MidYIS Test
Appendix II - Example questions from the Arnold Bentley Test
ASSIGNMENT: Identify ONE teaching and learning issue, with a curriculum focus, which has been of significance to you in you induction year. Discuss this issue drawing upon the relevant academic and professional literature and your induction experiences to support your discussion. (5000 words)
This essay is an exploration into the relevance of MidYIS tests as a predictor for results at GCSE Music. A comparison will be made between two sets of skills: those assessed by the MidYIS test - taken by most children in England at the beginning of year 9 - and those which, according to exam boards and experienced music educators, are tested at GCSE. Certain fundamental skills required for success at GCSE Music cannot be tested in the MidYIS tests, and I would suggest that a combination of MidYIS-type testing, musical intelligence assessment and some measure of the amount and quality of musical experience gained before embarking on the GCSE course would serve as a much more relevant
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Music Composition Brief 2
- Comparing and Contrasting the life and works of Bach and Moz...
- Composition Brief and Appraisal
- How far did all Americans share in the prosperity of the 192...
- Who am I?
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student