- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Intergrated Coursework- My Instrument- The Piano
The first 200 words of this essay...
My Instrument- The Piano
The Piano is played with two hands and mine has seven and a half octaves. They can be split into two main groups and from those groups into two more, the upright and the grand, and from there into electric and acoustic. Acoustic Piano's do not have the ability to change their voices where as electric do; some electric Piano's have up to three hundred voices! All Pianos have two or three pedals. Mine has two, one for sustaining notes (which is good for creating mood and effect), and one for dampening, sometimes called a practice pedal which makes the piano sound quieter. What the two hands do of course depends on what piece you are playing, however it is most common for the left hand to play the chords or accompaniment and the right to play the tune (the more complicated part). The Piano is scored in both treble and bass clef.
For my intergrated coursework I have been studying three pieces, these are:
* Le Onde (by Ludovico Einaudi) written in 2003. The piece details a walk on the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Music Composition Brief
- Comparing Different Musical Pieces
- Describe the features of music in Electric Counterpoint
- Autobiography - creative writing.
- The Symbolism Used by EM Forster in "A Room With A View...
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.