- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The 2 areas of study I chose to focus on in my piece were: Texture and Melody Structure and Form The links between my composition and the given strand (The Western Classical Tradition) are: Instrumentation: Piano and flute, both are western classical ins
Teacher essay summary
Marked by teacher Nathan Smith 08/01/2013
The first 200 words of this essay...
The 2 areas of study I chose to focus on in my piece were:
* Texture and Melody
* Structure and Form
The links between my composition and the given strand (The Western Classical Tradition) are:
* Instrumentation: Piano and flute, both are western classical instruments
* Also make the composition a piece of chamber music (music for a small group of players)
* Form: The musical development of the piece - I have used a theme and variations form, which is popular in western classical pieces. Particularly within the Classical era, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote a number of variations pieces such as the first movement of his Piano Sonata in A. K. 331
I chose the area of study 'Structure and Form' to focus on because I felt comfortable working with a pre-determined form and I felt it would be a good base to start from. It would ensure that my piece would have a clear direction and would develop as it progressed because it would be well structured and the big picture would always be in sight.
I chose the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Music Appraisal - Classical Waltzes
- Components in a Multimedia Project
- The Roaring Twenties in Canada
- Is 'black music' a valid category of popular music?
- Jazz History
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
MbT essay summary