- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Bedouin Culture
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Bedouin Culture
Originating from the arabic word bedu, meaning "inhabiting the
desert", Bedouins are basically nomadic in nature. This is mainly because
there are little resources in the deserts to sustain any life. Aspects of the
Bedouin life style
The clothing of the Bedouins are mostly constant throughout the
people. The Bedouins, both men and women wear wear an article of
clothing called a jalabiyya, it is a long cloak with a hood that usually is
ankle length. A Bedouin man wears a easily recognizable headpiece which
consists of a kuflyya' cloth and an 'agal-rope. This 'agal-rope is very
signifigant to Bedouins. Wearing this rope symbolizes the owners ability to
uphold the responsibility of being a man. Women wear headgear that
represents their obligations as well. All women must cover their heads at
all times with a black cloth called an 'asaba. These basic coverings, both of
male and female, directly reflect the environment through which they are
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Music (view all)
- Music Composition Brief
- Comparing Different Musical Pieces
- Composition Brief and Appraisal
- Throughout his life, Billy Collins has written many poems an...
- BTEC First Certificate in Music - UNIT 9 (Audio Recording/Mi...
- Music Assignment - Who are you? The song that I feel best r...
- Handels Messiah Background information for set work
- Rock And Roll - analysis of the different styles of Rock.
- How music has a huge effect on teen's lives
- Evaluation Of Performance - In the performance I played in 1...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.