- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
GCSE Physical Education Coursework
I am going to design a circuit targeted at the game of Hockey. The circuit will be designed to improve the hockey players performance, strengths and fitness.
Training is an important part of any physical activity because it improves your ability to play the game. The following principles of training apply to most games or sporting activities.
> Specificity: Training directed at the muscle groups being use during the activity. In this circuit I will work on speed, endurance and agility.
> Overload: Making the body work at higher work rates and loads this causes the body to react to the increased demands resulting in an improved performance.
Frequency - Number of times training occurs.
Intensity - Work load must be steadily increased.
Duration - How long the training sessions take.
> Progression: As your fitness improves, the training must start to get harder so that the body can benefit from overload. This is basically improving your skills at a steady pace.
> Reversibility: If you don't continuously take part in training and maintain your fitness you lose the benefits you gained. You
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- Describe the fitness requirements of three contrasting sport...
- a training programme aiming to improve my fitness levels in ...
- Long Term Adaptations to Training
- My Strengths and Weaknesses - P.E.
- Badminton - Fitness Circuit
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
- Personal Exercise Programme
- P.E Btec work -Assessing my Levels of Fitness
- Tennis - History and Great Players
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Circuit Training
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.