- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Components of Fitness for Long Jump
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physical Education and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Components of Fitness
Event: Long Jump
A long jumper has a high mesomorph score as they have quite a muscular body, strong thighs, core strength and little body fat. As a long jumper it is ideal to have fast twitch muscle fibres as you need to have a fast run up. The reason for this is the speed which you perform on the run way will convert into the distance in the pit. In addition speed comes into the actual jump as the time it takes from you lead leg taking off from the board to it reaching a ninety degree angle in the air needs to be quick yet controlled. This can be improved my continuous practice of the movement. Flexibility is required to do this to the best of your ability. A good warm up is included in having good suppleness as your muscles need to be stretched fully to ensure that no injuries are attained, as this will hinder your long jump career. Some long jumpers rely on pure technique as they have slow twitch muscle fibres and it is hard to train them and convert them into fast twitch
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- Badminton is the sport I have chosen to train for and use my...
- Circuit Training For football.
- Personal Exercise Program to develop and complete a 6 week t...
- 6-Week Training Program
- Sport nutrition P3, P4, M1
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
- Personal Exercise Programme
- P.E Btec work -Assessing my Levels of Fitness
- Tennis - History and Great Players
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Circuit Training
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.