- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe the fitness requirements for three contrasting sports.
- Essay length: 3833 words
- Submitted: 13/10/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Football is a game that requires aerobic and anaerobic fitness. Aerobic fitness is the most important quality in football, closely followed by anaerobic fitness, running, speed and agility. Footballers tend to cover less distance and work at lower intensities during the second half of games then during the first half. This is because fatigue limits a player. To sum it up if a player was fitter they would perform more effectively. Therefore if a player was to improve aerobic capacity then overall fitness would boost performance on the football field.
Team sports like football make it even harder to determine what areas of fitness are required. The types required will depend upon positions and role in the team, but one key area is skill and specificity. Football players should be football players first and athletes second. This doesn't mean that their athletic areas of fitness, speed, strength, stamina etc. are not important, because they are, but skill and specificity and perhaps sprint are the most important.
Football players need a combination of aerobic and anaerobic fitness due to the nature of the game and the fact that there is continuous movement with lots of short bursts
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- My Strengths and Weaknesses - P.E.
- Describe the fitness requirements of three contrasting sport...
- Effects of Steroids on the Human Body
- Skills of a sports leader
- Circuit Training Personal Programme
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
- Personal Exercise Programme
- P.E Btec work -Assessing my Levels of Fitness
- Tennis - History and Great Players
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Circuit Training
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student