- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Examine the purpose, roles and responsibilities of a range of public services
- Essay length: 6033 words
- Submitted: 02/02/2005
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task 1: Examine the purpose, roles and responsibilities of a range of public services
b) The main responsibilities of the police
* Communicates all needs, instructions and decisions clearly.
* Adapts the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience.
* See things from the customer's point of view and encourages others to do the same, and builds a good understanding and relationship with the community that is served.
* Takes personal responsibility for own actions and sorting out issues or problems that arise.
* Remains calm and confident and responds logically and decisively in difficult situations.
* Gathers information from a range of sources to understand situations, making sure it is reliable and accurate.
* Identifies risks and considers alternative courses of action to make good decisions.
* Understands other people's views and takes them into account.
* Treats people with dignity and respect at all times no matter what their background, status, circumstances or appearance.
* Works effectively as a team member and helps build relationships within it.
Examples of the task they perform:
* respond to calls to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- To plan and structure a suitable training programme for a sp...
- Describe the fitness requirements of three contrasting sport...
- PE analysis of performance
- Long Term Adaptations to Training
- P.E Planning
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
- Personal Exercise Programme
- P.E Btec work -Assessing my Levels of Fitness
- Tennis - History and Great Players
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Circuit Training
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.