- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Netball circuit training?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Physical Education and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Physical education coursework
What is circuit training?
Circuit training is a method of training. A circuit has 8 to 15 stations where at each station a different exercise is carried out for a certain amount of time. Circuit training can improve muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, aerobic fitness, muscular strength, speed and agility.
A circuit may also be designed for a certain sport. Circuits for this purpose will include exercises to improve all the muscles and skills associated with the sport.
My circuit-training program is for netball and is based over a 5-week period. The 12 stations are specifically suited to what is needed to play netball. The circuit is specified for a central player i.e. wing attack, wing defence and centre players. It is aimed at muscular endurance, speed, agility, cardiovascular endurance and ball skills. These are all needed for a netball player.
* Muscular endurance - to keep muscles contracting for the full length of the match without them becoming tired or weak.
* Muscular strength - the force of muscles exert when they contract. This is important for netball because
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- For my As level physical education Personal Performance Port...
- personal exercise plan My sport- FOOTBALL
- Officiating in sport
- Skills of a sports leader
- Describe the fitness requirements of three contrasting sport...
- Football and Table Tennis rules and regulations which help ...
- Lifestyle factors that can affect sporting performance
- Describe three different fitness training methods used to ac...
- Description of two of the National Sports Centres
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student