- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
PE coursework: football
The first 200 words of this essay...
Personal Exercise Program-
Improving Performance in Football
Football is the most widely played team game in the world and the most popular spectator sport, followed avidly by millions of fans. It is an eleven a side field game played with a spherical ball. The object of the game is to score more goals than your opponents by propelling the ball into the opposition's goal. You do this by passing, moving and tackling in all areas of the fifty by one hundred yard pitch. This is why tactics and strategies often play a large role in determining the games outcome. Football is a competitive sport and is known as an invasion game, and by gaining territory through passing, dribbling or intercepting you are gaining an advantage for your team. A referee is the only man/woman on the field who does not belong to either of the two teams competing in the game; he is there to reinforce the many laws of the game. Corners, throw ins and goal kicks are awarded to teams when the ball goes out of play. At present, games are played in large stadiums and players receive up to £160,000 per week
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- Potential hazards and injuries in sport.
- Fitness Testing and Training - Components of Fitness, Three...
- Analysis of Performance GCSE PE Coursework
- Components of Fitness for Javelin
- PEP The sport I have chosen is gymnastics and the two areas ...
- Tennis Research Paper
- P5 Prepare and present dietary guidelines for a selected...
- Football and Table Tennis rules and regulations which help ...
- Lifestyle factors that can affect sporting performance
- Describe three different fitness training methods used to ac...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.