- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sports Science Controlled Assessment - analysisng my health and fitness. How I can improve.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sports Science Controlled Assessment Stage 2
1) Healthy Active Lifestyle
* A healthy active lifestyle includes:
* Eating a balanced and healthy diet
* Taking regular exercise
* Maintaining a healthy weight
* Not smoking - which greatly increases your chances of lung, throat and mouth cancers, and also places greater stress on the heart.
* Sensible alcohol intake - as alcohol can lead to cirrhosis of the liver, and also cancer of the throat and mouth. It can also lead to excessive weight gain and obesity.
* Minimising stress
2) Fitness Tests
* Handgrip - I scored a result of 55kg for the handgrip test, which is average for my age and gender. The dynaometer is regarded as a good test for overall upper body test.
* Push Ups - I scored 41 push-ups in one minute. This test is a good test of muscular stamina in your slow twitch muscle fibres.
* Standing Long Jump - I scored 1.5m on this test, which is very poor in comparison with the national average for my age and gender. This test is a good indicator of fast twitch
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Exercise and Training (view all)
- My Strengths and Weaknesses - P.E.
- Long Term Adaptations to Training
- Describe the fitness requirements of three contrasting sport...
- a training programme aiming to improve my fitness levels in ...
- Badminton - Fitness Circuit
- Netball Coaching - plan for a training session.
- Personal Exercise Programme
- P.E Btec work -Assessing my Levels of Fitness
- Tennis - History and Great Players
- Advantages & Disadvantages Of Circuit Training
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.