- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
An Introspective Study: Elitist Views of Political Socialisation in Education.
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Introspective Study: Elitist Views of Political Socialisation in Education
Due 25th October 2004
"What are your views of the way Political Socialisation is being conducted now in the education system?"
In this essay political socialisation in the education system refers to how students are familiarized with local politics through their educational experience. Education here, defined as one's individual exposure to the national syllabus and school environment.
This essay is a case study. The objective: to deliberate how ex-students from arguably the best junior college in Singapore view political socialization. Having been brought up in an environment of educational elitism, I contend to see how successful the government has been instilling a sense of nationalistic patriotism amongst the smartest students from particular efforts like National Education and Social Studies.
I conducted research by interviewing 3 individuals, who were ex-students of Raffles Junior College. Andrea, Daniel and Nicholas were all previously from the Arts Faculty. Academically bright and among the best in their classes, I carefully chose them for the diverse backgrounds they came from.
Andrea- 19, holds
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- In What Ways Do Political Parties Promote Democracy?
- How Democratic is the UK?
- To what extent was there a 'post war consensus' between 1945...
- "To what extent is the UK a strong liberal democracy?&q...
- Law making; influences on Parliament, and statute creation.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.