- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is Democracy the Superior Form of Government?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Civics Supported Debate Statement
Ever since the history of mankind has begun thousands of years ago, people have experienced various types of government. In view of the fact that men are not perfect, therefore they necessitate governments to teach them how to govern themselves. In order to remain their rights and freedom, they have been searching for the ultimate balance between governing people and permitting them to make decisions themselves. The time has proved that a democratic government is the one and only government where such a balance can be found, which made it the most effective and superior form of government among all the different types in the entire world. In a democracy, people have the right to make decisions, the transparency of the government, as well as the freedom of speech. Therefore, it is "a government of the people, by the people, and for the people".
First of all, democracy empowers the people and enables them to make fatal political decisions, which prevents one regime from abusing their power. For instance, the revolution in Egypt which took place several weeks ago was because the populaces were not satisfied with the political achievements carried out
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- How important a contribution is made by the Ombudsmen to the...
- Is New Labour a Conservative Party?
- Why was labour so divided between1951-1964?
- To what extent was there a 'post war consensus' between 1945...
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of federalism in t...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'