- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Notes on Gandhi.
The first 200 words of this essay...
1869, October 2
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi born
1888, Sept. 4
Sails to England to study law
Called to the Bar, returns to India
Practices law at Rajkot and Bombay
Leaves for South Africa for the first time; acts as a legal consultant
Experiences racial discrimination and decides to fight against racial prejudices in South Africa
Returns to India to organise support for Indians in South Africa
1896, Nov. 30
Returns to South Africa with wife and children
Petitions, writes letters, calls upon British authorities to end discriminatory laws
Forms Indian Ambulance Corps during the Boer War
Returns to India
Practice law, seeks Indian support of South African Indians
Recalled to South Africa to fight against anti-Asiatic legislation in Transvaa
Enrolled as Attorney of Supreme Court of Transvaal
Opposes Bengal Partition, appeals to British colonial officials to treat India as an @quot;integral part of the Empire"
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- Law making; influences on Parliament, and statute creation.
- Compare 2 tropical storms one from a LEDC and one from a MED...
- Nationalism (Are nations natural or artificially formed?)
- Describe what was in the Beveridge report
- The media plays an important role in society. What is its ro...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.