- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Resisitance To Aparthied.
The first 200 words of this essay...
RESISITANCE TO APARTHIED
THE ANC 1912-1949
1912-1930: the ANC was out of touch with the needs of the people
The ANC was essentially out of touch with the mood and needs of the general African population and therefore did little to improve the lives of ordinary African people.
1930s: internal disorganisation and police harassment
During the 1930s the ANC became even less active as a result of internal disorganisation as well as police harassment.
1937: time of change
1937 marked the beginning of a transitional period in African politics. At this point, the ANC recognised the need to adopt a more assertive role in African politics.
1940: Dr Xuma takes over
In 1940, Dr Xuma became the new leader of the ANC. He restructured the organisation and tried to make it more efficient. But he did not try to broaden the membership of the ANC by drawing in the ordinary people. It remained an organisation that represented the interests of the elite.
1943: The formation of the Women's League
1944: The formation of the Youth League
It was only with the formation of the ANC Youth League in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Politics (view all)
- How important a contribution is made by the Ombudsmen to the...
- Distinguish between the different functions of the House of ...
- What means are available to parliament and how effective is ...
- To what extent is Parliament supreme?
- What are the strengths of the UK constitution?
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.