- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
After watching Inception, the first idea that came into my mind was Is this movies story-line based on Freuds dream Lucid dreaming was also a huge concept in Inception.
The first 200 words of this essay...
After watching Inception, the first idea that came into my mind was "Is this movie's story-line based on Freud's dream Lucid dreaming was also a huge concept in Inception. Cobb and his crew knew that they were dreaming and are able to control their movement and idea. This idea does not fit with activation-synthesis, as it means dreams are controllable and not random. analysis theory?" The desire, the libidinal, the layers of dream etc. has all became the main concept of Inception. However, the activate-synthesis theory does not seem to be of much relevance to Inception.
According to Freud's dream theory, the unconscious which was also known as the Id is where all your desire, fear, pain and conflict locates. When you are awake, the desires and fear are suppressed by the superego. However, when you are dreaming, you are able to access the id or unconscious mind because your guards are down during dream state so then your unconscious has an opportunity to act out and express the fear of the Id. This was demonstrated during the whole movie. Whenever Cobb sees his wife, Mal, his children Phillipa and James in his dream, he cannot control
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- media influences on behaviour
- OUTLINE, DISCUSS AND EVALUATE DEFINITIONS AND THEORIES OF ST...
- Personality Psychology
- Describe and evaluate any one approach to the study of Human...
- Research Methodology
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
- Describe and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment.. 10 mar...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.