- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Compare and contrast two psychological perspectives I am going to research the psychodynamic and Cognitive theory thoroughly
The first 200 words of this essay...
I am going to research the psychodynamic and Cognitive theory thoroughly, using different resources with this I will compare their strengths and weaknesses of each.
The psychodynamic approach includes all theories in psychology that see human functioning based upon the interaction of drives and forces within the person, particular unconscious between the structures of personality. Freud's psychoanalyst was the original psychodynamic theory.
Sigmund Freud's Theory is quite complex. He believed that different driving forces develop during these stages which play an important role in how we interact with the world. In An Outline of Psychoanalysis, Freud (1949) explains the principal tenets on which psychoanalytic theory is based.
According to Freud's psychoanalytic theory of personality, personality is composed of three elements, these three elements of personality is known as the id, the ego, and the superego which work together to create complex human behaviors.
The id is the only component of personality that is present from birth. This aspect of personality is entirely unconscious and includes of the instinctive and primitive behaviors. According to Freud, the id is the source of all psychic energy, making it the primary component of personality.
The id is
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Outline and compare the cognitive and behaviourist approach ...
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using psychodyna...
- Health and social care - Physical, intellectual and emotiona...
- "Is behavior mainly inherited or it is learned?" D...
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
- Describe and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment.. 10 mar...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.