- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Learning Revision Notes. Important terms and major experiments
The first 200 words of this essay...
Learning Revision Notes
Is a relatively permanent change in behavior which is due to experience
A form of learning in which an automatic response becomes associated with a previously unrelated stimulus
Ivan Pavlov (1990s)
The dogs began salivating every time they heard the researchers' footsteps. Salivation is a REFLEX response; it occurs automatically when an animal smells food but Pavlov found that the dogs associated the sound of footsteps to the arrival of food because the two stimuli had occurred together so many times.
He figured that he could get his dog to respond to other things too. So, he conducted an experiment. Everytime the food arrived, Pavlov ringed the bell. Eventually he took away the food and only rang the bell. He found that the dog still salivated.
Unconditioned stimulus: food
Unconditioned response/ natural reflex action: salivation
Conditioned stimulus: Bell
Conditioned response: Salivation
John Watson and Rosalind Raynor (1920)
'Little Albert': created ethical concerns. They intended on extinguishing his fear but the boy was taken away before they could.
Unconditioned stimulus: loud noise when metal bar
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Essay writing.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using psychodyna...
- In this essay I will evaluate and explain the Social Learnin...
- Outline and compare the cognitive and behaviourist approach ...
- Ethical issues of deception in psychological research:
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
- Describe and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment.. 10 mar...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.